Sunday, September 23, 2012

Without the letter "e".


Ever thought of writing a short poem without the letter "e"?  Here are some of the examples from DPS (S) – 


81

As forlorn moon in a wayward sky falls,
a solitary shadow across unlit park cuts.
in shabby garb, bag in hand.
anguish in his drifting orbs.
sanctuary a cold husk,
family shuns infirmity.
dismal thoughts,
castaway.

By True_Xerion

----------------------------------------

Wash my sin 

Fluid pours out quickly,
as a cloud unlocks it’s tap.
A child runs out and plays,
unafraid of catching a chill.

Can I go back to that day,
and undo my sin?
This harsh rain cannot purify,
nor wash blood off my hands.

Fluid pours our quickly,
right out of a liquor glass.
My salvation for tonight,
And for tomorrow too.

By SingaporeMacross

----------------------------------------

Untitled

Moon shining in twililght,
Not a star in sight,
Isolation.

Gazing out into nothing,
Too much on my mind,
Insomnia.

Plush toy in my bossom,
Oblivious to my pain,
Ignorant.

Visions of him in sin city,
Along with illicit company,
Immorality.

Fibs and bulls told too many,
Soon lost its coaxing,
Insouciant.

By tare

-----------------------------------------

Dark 

at my corridor
door 2 a.m.
thought i saw things
unholy

a shadow
gliding
at a lift landing

as a dog howls,
distant
its cry primordial, pining

is it

a malignant spirit
that Kallang lady
watching?

rabid hounds bark again
now a cat joins in
night sounds cutting
through
humid
air,
painful
tinny.

as i walk into a warm room
to a hot bath
to wash away
night's dark...

By dsnake1

--------------------------------------

Untitled

I am trying hard,
oh!so hard to craft
this little ditty about
joy
ambition
sobs
and Kodak flops.

And also to sound-off ,
about a girl
who sat with yours truly
through
dastardly film
that burnt an unhappy gap
in my urban assault kit.

By LazerLordz

--------------------------------------

Young Knight 

I hunt, high dragons
with mighty wings
and knock
nasty mountain trolls
with iron fists.
I kill clumsy giants
that snatch humans for lunch
And vicious villains
that rob country folks for fun.
But just a light kiss
from you my fair
I turn soft
and blush.

By Dead Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment