Sunday, September 23, 2012

Your Highness, O Your Highness

The poem #05 (February 2004 – March 2005)

Your Highness, O Your Highness

Fool:
Your Highness, O Your Highness,
so elegant, charming and pure.
More precious than the rarest pearl,
a blessing to us all.
But Your Highness, O Your Highness,
now why do you look so sad?
With ash-like lips and lifeless eyes,
this silence is driving us mad.

Queen:
Since you want to know the truth,
come closer and I will tell you why.
For I may be mighty and high,
but loneliness I can’t disguise.
I long for someone to hold my hands,
and to hug me when I am feeling down.
We will watch sunset at golden beach,
and ride horses on palace ground.

Fool:
Your Highness, O Your Highness,
I know I am just a fool.
But what kind of qualities must one has,
in order to be with you?

Queen:
He must be handsome, tall and dark;
with mystical smile that melts my heart.
He must be dashing, and full of charms;
a knight in armour, protecting me from harms.
He must be humorous, gentle and wise;
and will love me forever, till the day I die.

Fool:
Your Highness, O Your Highness,
pray let me speak my mind.
Such a man is truly rare,
and may be quite hard to find.

Queen:
But that is not all I am looking for,
there are many more on my list.
If I cannot find a man that fit,
then none shall be my King!

Fool:
Your Highness if I may speak again,
Time will not wait for mortal being.
As long as he loves you and loves you true,
Such man will fit to be our King.

Queen:
Say no more, O fool of mine,
you know not the women's ways.
If I cannot find such a man,
I will rather lock my love away.

Time:
But I wait for no mortal being,
nor Fool, nor King, nor Queen.
But I wait for no mortal being,
nor Fool, nor King, nor Queen.


The story behind this poem

Then one day while discussing the topic of BGR with a lady colleague during lunch, I got my first inspiration – I decided to write about her. She really likes it … I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment